The 3 Rules of Gun Safety
Categories: Quick Tips.
Jan 12, 2022 // By:admin // No Comment
- ALWAYS keep the gun aimed in a safe direction
- you never let the muzzle aim at something or someone you don’t want destroyed by a bullet.
- This applies to outdoors and indoors (homes, businesses, ranges, etc)
- also means you know what is around your target (in front, behind, aside, etc)
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- your finger is the only safety you can trust
- finger is to be indexed along frame of pistol (not trigger guard
- including keeping finger away from trigger while drawing
- finger does not touch trigger until sight picture is established
- ALWAYS keep the gun unarmed until ready for use
- stored pistols (that are not staged) are cleared
- pistol cleaning and servicing requires the safe status of a cleared pistol (with no ammo even nearly on the table)
These rules do not prevent negligent discharges, but will prevent injury from shooting if a discharge occurs.